Best Pre-Adoption Websites
General Adoption Information
• Adoptive Families
National magazine for families before and after adoption. Includes searchable databases of adoption programs, attorneys, and parent support groups.
• American Academy of Pediatrics
Includes directory of pediatricians specializing in adoption.
• Ethica: A Voice for Ethical Adoption
Updates on changes in adoption law and practice in the U.S. and around the world.
• Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute
Adoption research, white papers, facts, and policy papers.
• Institute for Adoption Information
Adoption information for schools, journalists, and health professionals.
• Child Welfare Information Gateway
Summaries of state by state law, databases of agencies, support groups, reliable fact sheets.
• Comeunity: Adoption Support
Adoption and disability information. Comprehensive adoption listserve index.
• Joint Council on International Children’s Services
Intercountry adoption agencies promoting ethical practice and child welfare practices.
• Karen Holt’s Adoption Links
Comprehensive list of adoption links and Web sites.
• Rainbow Kids
Monthly international adoption e-zine.Waiting children.
• U.S. State Department
Summaries of international adoption laws. INS requirements and processes.
Photolistings of American children awaiting adoption.
• American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
National directory of attorneys who specialize in adoption.
• American Adoption Congress
Adoption reform and open records resources.
• Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
Support for foster adopters.
• North American Council on Adoptable Children
Extensive resources for families considering foster adoption.
• National Adoption Center
Adoption information, work and adoption initiative.
Best Country Specific Web Sites
• Adopting from Russia
• Eastern European Adoption Coalition
• Families with Russian and Ukranian Children
• Families with Children from China
• Latin American Parents Association
• Guatemala Adoptive Families Network
• Families with Children from Vietnam
• Kazakh Adoptive Families
• Korean American Adoptee Adoptive Family Network
Network of U.S. and Canadian groups and individuals related to Korean adoptions.
Back To Home Page