Country-specific adoption information for parents considering adopting from the Philippines.
As of January 2011, the Intercountry Adoption Board, the government office handling adoptions from the Philippines, announced a temporary suspension of new adoption applications from agencies that had submitted more than 10 applications each year for the previous three years. This does not apply to parents seeking to adopt special-needs children.
For more information, visit wwww.adoption.state.gov. View photos and get parent-to-parent advice in our online community, www.adoptivefamiliescircle.com.
Philippines Adoption Requirements and Facts:
- 2011 adoptions: 229 children
- Estimated Total Cost: $15,000 to $30,000
- Profile of Children: In 2010, 53% of children were one year to four years old.
- Parent Ages: Prospective parents must be at least 27 years old, and at least 16 years, but not more than 45 years, older than the child.
- Family Status: Married couples and singles may adopt. Strong preference is given to Christian and Filipino-American families. Parents must prove sufficient income and must not have a criminal history.
- Travel: At least one parent must travel to the Philippines.
- Timeline: Approximately two to three years for referral (less for older children and for Filipino-American families).
Philippines Adoption Directory
Helpful Articles from Adoptive Families Magazine
- Support by the Book
A monthly Asian book club turns into a support group for adoptive parents.
- A World of Gratitude
When this big, multicultural family gets together for Thanksgiving, the table is laden with more than just turkey.
Helpful Web Resources for Philippines Adopters
Join the Philippines Adoptive Families group on AdoptiveFamiliesCircle
Back To Home Page©2013 Adoptive Families. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited.