Country-specific adoption information for parents considering adopting from Taiwan.
The Children's Bureau under the Ministry of the Interior handles adoptions in Taiwan. Parents are encouraged to use adoption agencies licensed by the Taiwanese government. Post-adoption reports are required for five years. Taiwan is not a member of the Hague Adoption Convention.
For more information, visit www.adoption.state.gov. View photos and get parent-to-parent advice in our online community, www.adoptivefamiliescircle.com.
Taiwan Adoption Requirements and Facts:
- 2011 adoptions: 205 children
- Hague Accredited: No
- Estimated Total Cost: $20,000 to $35,000
- Profile of Children: Infants through older children are available.
- Parent Ages: Parents must be at least 20 years older than the child. If married, one parent must be 16 years older than the child.
- Family Status: Married couples and singles may adopt.
- Travel: Both parents must travel.
- Timeline: About 12 to 24 months from dossier to placement.
Taiwan Adoption Directory
Helpful Articles from Adoptive Families Magazine
Helpful Web Resources for Taiwan Adopters
Join the Taiwan Adoptive Families group on AdoptiveFamiliesCircle
Back To Home Page©2013 Adoptive Families. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited.