Hong Kong Adoption
Country-specific adoption information for parents considering adopting from Hong Kong.
Hong Kong's international adoption program is primarily special needs. Preference is given to ethnic Chinese parents. Singles are eligible to adopt, with preference given to those with "special" parental skill sets, such as a background in nursing or social work.
For more information, visit www.adoption.state.gov. View photos and get parent-to-parent advice in our online community, www.adoptivefamiliescircle.com.
Hong Kong Adoption Requirements and Facts:
- 2011 adoptions: N/A
- Hague Accredited: Yes
- Estimated Total Cost: $10,000 to $20,000
- Profile of Children: Most children are ages six months to five years. Most have moderate to major special needs.
- Parents' Ages: Parents must be at least 25 years old. Parents over 45 years old may be considered for special needs.
- Family Status: Singles and couples may adopt. Prospective adoptive parents must submit detailed financial information and be in good mental and physical health.
- Travel: It is strongly recommended that at least one parent travel to Hong Kong.
- Timeline: 12 to 24 months to complete adoption, although parents should expect more time if they have special requests.
Hong Kong Adoption Directory
Best Web Resources for Hong Kong Adopters
Get International Adoption Support on AdoptiveFamiliesCircle
Back To Home Page©2013 Adoptive Families. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited.