Enter your email address here to receive the
Adoptive Families Update, a periodic e-newsletter for families
before and after adoption!
We would like to hear from you! Each month we ask our readers to comment on a question selected by our editors.
This month’s question:
For our annual special on best adoption books, we're asking readers to nominate books in the following categories:
1. Most helpful how-to-adopt guides to read as you're deciding to adopt and working through the process
2. The special-interest parenting books you think every adoptive parent should read
3. Most moving adoption memoirs
4. Greatest all-time children's books about adoption
5. Best multicultural kids' books that don't necessarily follow an adoption storyline
Send us your nominations and tell us why you selected them. If you're the first person to nominate one of the books we recommend, you'll receive a special gift from Adoptive Families.
We recently asked the members of our Reader Panel:
Tell us about the first time you saw your child, whether it was in the hospital or in a referral photo. See their answers here.
How did you word your adoption announcement? Did you create a custom announcement, or adapt a pre-printed template? See their answers here.
Tell us about the first letter, conversation, or meeting with your child's birthmother. What advice would you give nervous waiting families? Read their answers here.