We’re delighted that you like our content enough to share it! But before you start copying and pasting, please read our policy on sharing and republishing Adoptive Families content.
What Adoptive Families Content Can You Use? And How?
1. You are welcome to share links to any of our content via email and social media. In fact, we encourage it! We’re all for spreading information about waiting, adoption, and post-adoption adjustment.
2. You are welcome to republish any original Adoptive Families branded images (quotes, facts, banners, etc.) by embedding them into your own content or sharing them on your social media channels, as long as you credit Adoptive Families via the content attribution policy below. We cannot allow you to republish or embed any reader-submitted photos of children or families, as they have given permission only to Adoptive Families to use them.
3. You are welcome to reference or quote up to 75 words of any of our text-based content (articles, blog posts, newsletters, etc.) on the web, as long as you honor the content attribution policy below.
4. You are welcome to republish in print any article in full from Adoptive Families magazine or AdoptiveFamilies.com, as long as you get approval by downloading the reprint rights request form and returning it to Adoptive Families per the instructions on the form.
5. Alas, we can’t let you republish on the web the full content of any text-based content (articles, blog posts, slideshows, Q&As, etc.) or downloadable content (PDF printables, booklets, etc.) from Adoptive Families. Why? We like to keep Google happy and duplicate content is very bad for SEO.
6. You cannot make money from our content. We gave it to you for free, so you need to keep the reprint free to read.
7. You cannot pass off or claim our content as your own work. We’re glad that you want to share it, but please share the original link instead. Thank you!
8. We are pleased to allow our content to be used for educational purposes. If you offer pre-adoptive parent training or post-adoption support and would like to share our articles in these contexts, whether as a print reprint, web reprint, or photocopy, please contact us with your request.
Adoptive Families Content Attribution Policy
1. Always attribute Adoptive Families as the source:
> “Originally published in Adoptive Families magazine.” or “Originally published on AdoptiveFamilies.com.”
2. Always link to the original AdoptiveFamilies.com URL you’re referencing:
> For links to any text-based content, link to the specific URL of the content you’re referencing.
> For links to any downloadable content behind a form (webinars, PDF printables, etc.), please link to the URL of the landing page with the form, rather than the actual download.
Thank you for sharing Adoptive Families content. We appreciate it!