How Can We Help You?
Questions About Online Access
1. What is ‘membership’ in AdoptiveFamilies.com?
AdoptiveFamilies.com members receive new monthly issues of Adoptive Families magazine in digital format plus a host of benefits including online access to our full digital magazine archive, our expert audio files, our searchable Adoption Parenting Library and much more. New members can join for $24.95 per year here. The parenting benefits of membership represent a value of over $400. N.B.: All former subscribers to Adoptive Families magazine in print format were automatically made members of AdoptiveFamilies.com when the site launched at the end of 2014.
2. I was an Adoptive Families print subscriber. How do I activate my online membership account?
If you were an active print magazine subscriber, you were sent several emails as well as a letter from Adoptive Families containing your username and password. Use that information to log in here.
If you did not receive an email or letter, you can log in using your first and last names as your user name (one word all lowercase; must match your Adoptive Families subscription account information) and the last 9 digits of your subscription account number as the password.
Having trouble? Contact us at [email protected] or by phone (M-F, 9-5 ET) 646-366-0830.
3. I can’t log in. My login information doesn’t work.
Are you using the exact username and password sent to you by Adoptive Families? These are case sensitive and must be entered precisely. If you are still having trouble, contact us at [email protected] or by phone (M-F, 9-5 ET) 646-366-0830 for help with specific log-in problems.
4. How do I change my membership email address, password, and/or other account information?
Log in to your account, then visit the My Account page in the Member Center. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it here.
5. How do I change my username?
Usernames cannot be changed, however you can change your Public Display Name – the one that appears alongside any comments you post – on the My Account page in the Member Center.
Questions About Adoptive Families Magazine
6. I’m a subscriber. How can I read the magazine now that it is no longer printed?
Adoptive Families is a monthly digital publication. You can access current and past issues by logging in and visiting the Magazine Issues section of the Member Center.
In addition, as a subscriber and member of AdoptiveFamilies.com, you will be able to access every digital issue and every archived article on AdoptiveFamilies.com for the duration of your subscription. You can check to see how many issues remain on your subscription here.
7. How often is Adoptive Families magazine published?
Adoptive Families magazine is published on a monthly-bimonthly basis.
8. Where is the current issue? Can I get a print copy?
The current issue of Adoptive Families magazine can be read on your computer or any digital device by logging in and visiting the Member Center. Non-members can purchase this issue and other digital issues in our Store.
Adoptive Families magazine is no longer published in print format, but you can print out pages or a full copy from your computer.
9. How will I know when a new issue of Adoptive Families magazine is available?
All members receive email notifications when each new digital issue becomes available. To be certain you receive this notification, log in and confirm your email address now at your profile.
10. Can I still get Adoptive Families magazine in print format?
No. Adoptive Families is no longer available in print format — neither back issues nor future issues. All future and recent issues are available digitally to members in the Member Center. Single digital back issues are also available for sale to non-members in the online Store.
11. Can I read the magazine on my mobile device?
Yes. Subscribers may read full issues, article by article, on AdoptiveFamilies.com. Our fully responsive website is readable on a variety of screen sizes, like your desktop, tablet, or phone.
Questions About Adoptive Families Membership
12. What does ‘membership’ mean?
All active Adoptive Families magazine subscribers are automatically members of AdoptiveFamilies.com. Included in membership is your Adoptive Families magazine subscription – now in digital format – plus a host of amazing membership benefits including online access to our full digital magazine archive, our expert audio files, our searchable Adoption Parenting Library and much more. New members can join for $24.95 per year here. Subscribers can log in here.
13. In addition to digital issues of Adoptive Families, what other benefits are included in membership?
An Adoptive Families membership includes these benefits totaling $400 in value:
- Unlimited access to the complete Adoption Parenting Library online – thousands of expert articles and real-life personal stories searchable by topic, author and issue.
- Free access to past digital issues of Adoptive Families via your web browser
- Instant access to future monthly digital issues of Adoptive Families
- Building Your Family Guide: The Infertility & Adoption Guide, published annually in digital format
- Access to selected Adoptive Families special collection eBooks (current and future eBooks) and the classic Clip & Save handout articles
- Free access to live webinars and the complete on-demand audio archives
- A vibrant online support community with active discussions, themed photo contests, and blogs
- Free weekly e-newsletter featuring site updates, timely and classic articles, community discussions, and contests
14. How do I know when my membership ends?
All of the details about your membership can be found in the My Account page in the Member Center after you log in.
15. I’m a member. Why am I being charged for digital issues and other items I want in the AdoptiveFamilies.com Store?
If you are a magazine subscriber there is no additional cost for digital issues, archives and so forth. To read them, you must log in and then access your full suite of member benefits – everything in the Store, plus more — at the Member Center.
16. I can’t log in to AdoptiveFamiliesCircle using the username and password you sent me. Why?
AdoptiveFamilies.com and AdoptiveFamiliesCircle.com have totally separate logins. You have a unique username and password for each. If you do not yet have an AdoptiveFamiliesCircle login, register a free username and password at here — even magazine subscribers must complete this step.
17. How did my print magazine subscription from 2014 translate into a membership in 2015 and going forward?
At the end of 2014, all Adoptive Families magazine print subscribers with 1-4 issues remaining received a one-year membership to AdoptiveFamilies.com. Those with 5-8 issues remaining received a two-year membership, and so on. See when your membership expires here.
18. What does an Adoptive Families membership cost?
A one-year membership, and each yearly renewal, costs $24.95.
19. What is the value of a one-year membership?
The total value of the membership represents at least $400 worth of resources.
20. Will I receive renewal notices like in the past?
You will receive an email notification when your current membership is nearing expiration. Magazine subscribers will need to submit payment information online at that time in order to renew their membership for a year.
21. How can I renew my Adoptive Families subscription?
A one-year Adoptive Families membership — including 12 new digital issues of the magazine, plus all other membership benefits — costs $24.95. To extend your membership, submit payment information here.
22. What if I just want my magazine issues – not the other membership benefits listed here?
You can access new and archived digital issues of Adoptive Families anytime you want by logging in and visiting the Member Center. The many other membership benefits are included with your magazine subscription at no additional charge. You can take advantage of them at any time on any device in the online Member Center.
23. Can I give a membership as a gift?
Yes. You can purchase a new membership here. Be sure to use your gift recipient’s name and email address when creating the new account.
24. We are an adoption agency and would like to offer Adoptive Families memberships to our waiting families.
We will be happy to create a bulk subscription for your families. Contact us at [email protected].
25. Why did you stop printing Adoptive Families magazine in 2014?
Like many magazines and newspapers around the country, Adoptive Families has been negatively affected by the changing economics of publishing. Rather than close the magazine as many other magazines have done, we have chosen to make all Adoptive Families content from past as well as future issues available online so that the members of the active Adoptive Families community retain access to the Adoptive Families content and one another as well as allowing newcomers to adoption to benefit from the expertise of those who went before. We are excited about the new AdoptiveFamilies.com and think it is a huge improvement over the past and a valuable resource. We hope you agree and thank you for joining us on this journey.
26. I can’t find an article I’m looking for.
Our team is adding more archived articles from Adoptive Families magazine every week. If the article you want to read is not online yet, please email us at [email protected] and we will put priority on the content you’ve requested. In the meantime, please use our Archives page to search for articles by issue, author, topic, or keyword.
27. I’m not a member. How do I preview content to see if a membership will be worthwhile for me?
Non-members can read a select number of articles online every month. All of the articles featured at the top of our homepage are available for everyone to read. In addition, non-members can read our full library of Ask AF expert Q&As here. You can also download a free Clip & Save from the right column of our homepage, and sign up to receive our weekly newsletter, which always features both free and members-only content.
Products & Resources
28. How do I get the Adoptive Families newsletter?
Sign up for our free weekly e-newsletter here. It is full of tips and advice, active discussions from our online community AdoptiveFamiliesCircle, photo contest announcements, sign-up links for upcoming expert webinars, and links to relevant or popular articles. Occasionally we also include quick online surveys, asking for readers’ experiences with various adoption and parenting topics, and publish your responses in upcoming e-newsletters, the magazine, or on the site.
At the bottom of every e-newsletter is an “unsubscribe” option. Simply click it if you no longer wish to receive these e-mails.
29. Can I purchase back issues of Adoptive Families magazine?
A select number of back issues are available for sale as digital issues in our Store. We are no longer selling print issues of the magazine. Access to all archived and future issues of Adoptive Families magazine is included with membership.
30. Can I purchase Adoptive Families eBooks?
Yes. We have a select number of eBooks for sale as digital downloads in our Store.
31. Can I purchase the audio replays from Adoptive Families’ expert webinars?
Yes. You can purchase audio replays in our Store. If you have a membership, you can access all of our expert audio at no additional cost.
32. What is the annual Building Your Family Guide?
Building Your Family: The Donor, Surrogacy, and Adoption Guide is a valuable resource, over 100 pages packed with detailed, accurate, up-to-date information you won’t find anywhere else. It includes step-by-step overviews of adoption and assisted reproductive technology (ART) processes, including donor egg, donor embryo, and surrogacy, as well as printable worksheets. It also includes listings for hundreds of adoption agencies, surrogacy centers, support organizations, and adoption and ART attorneys nationwide. New Hope Media has been publishing Building Your Family (previously titled The Adoption Guide) for over 40 years. Purchase it here.
33. Where can I find an adoption agency in my area?
Click here to search for an Adoption Agency by state, by adoption country, or by other means.
34. Where can I find an Adoption Attorney?
Click here to search for an Adoption Attorney by state, areas of practice, or by name.
35. I am interested in advertising with Adoptive Families. Whom should I contact?
For information about advertising in Adoptive Families magazine or on adoptivefamilies.com, please contact Anne Mazza at 646-366-0844, or by email at [email protected]. For more information about advertising, click here.
36. How can I share content that I find on AdoptiveFamilies.com or in Adoptive Families magazine?
Please read our full content reprint guidelines, which contains specific requirements for attribution, limits on republished content, and licensing request information.
37. How can I learn about contributing to Adoptive Families?
Read our complete writers’ guidelines here.