The China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA) has announced several changes to the country’s international requirements. The changes affect the timing of applications:
- Youngest child in the home must be 3-years-old before a family may apply to adopt.
- Families must wait one full year after an adoption is complete before applying to adopt another child.
And the composition of the prospective adoptive family:
- Married couples may have up to five children, under the age of 18, in the home, not including the adopted child.
- Single females may still adopt, but may have only two children living at home, not including the adopted child.
- Only one child may be adopted at a time (unless a sibling).
If you are in the process of adopting from China and believe you may have conflicts with any of the new regulations, contact your adoption service provider.