One grand-prize winner of the 2017 Adoptive Families Annual Photo Contest will win a gift card and be featured in the digital magazine, on AdoptiveFamilies.com and AdoptiveFamiliesCircle.com! Eight finalists will be featured on both sites, as well.
You can enter in ONE of two ways:
|To print this form, right click to save it to your computer and print from there.|
Entries must be postmarked or uploaded by October 7, 2017, so start snapping now—and watch for winners in our e-newsletter and on adoptivefamilies.com.
To print the entry form, click ‘Enter by Mail’ above, then right click to save the form on your computer and print from there.
By submitting an entry, you agree to the official rules. Because the 2017 Adoptive Families Photo Contest is subject to local, state, and federal regulations, unfortunately, only U.S. residents are permitted to enter. We encourage families living in Canada or other countries to upload their great photos to the Canada Adoptive Families photo album or other themed albums on our online community, adoptivefamiliescircle.com. Throughout the year, we periodically feature photos uploaded to AdoptiveFamiliesCircle in the pages, and on the cover, of Adoptive Families magazine.
Check out past winners of specially themed online photo contests organized by AdoptiveFamiliesCircle, AF’s online community.
Adoptive Families Annual Cover Photo Contest – 2017
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchasing will not increase your chances of winning.
- Contest open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., except employees (and their families) of New Hope Media, LLC and its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliate companies or operating divisions. Void where prohibited by law. The contest is subject to all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Contest begins 12:00 A.M. EST on May 13, 2017 and ends on October 7, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. EST. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 7, 2017 and received by October 13, 2017. Online entries must be received before 11:59 P.M. EST on October 7, 2017.
- Submit an original photo (color or black & white) of your child or children with an entry form (available online at: www.adoptivefamilies.com/cover-photo-contest) in a standard or business-size envelope, if submitting by mail. No slides accepted. Each photo may be entered only once. A person can submit multiple entries, each as a separate entry.
- Entrant must be the adoptive parent or legal guardian of the primary child featured in the submitted photo and must be 18 years of age or older. Photos entered may be the work of a professional photographer. Entrant represents and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original, non-published work that does not infringe on the privacy, intellectual property, or other rights of any third parties and that the entrant either owns or has rights to convey any and all right and title in the submitted photo, or, in the case of a professional photographer, will obtain such rights upon request. Winners will be required to provide a signed transfer of copyright from the photographer.
- All photo contest entrants (including those whose entries are not winning or finalist photographs), by entering the contest, grant New Hope Media LLC, dba Adoptive Families magazine a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to publish their submitted photos and to republish them at any time in the future in any and all Adoptive Families-branded media (including but not limited to magazines, books, and web sites).
- Send mail-in entries to: Adoptive Families Photo Contest, 108 West 39th Street, Suite 805, New York, NY 10018. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 7, 2017 and received by October 13, 2017. A person can submit multiple entries, each with a separate entry form. Adoptive Families (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail, or any damage to participants’ computers relating to information about or participation in the promotion.
- To enter electronically, visit www.adoptivefamilies.com/cover-photo-contest. Fill out the online entry form and upload your photo following the directions on the page. Only photos submitted following the directions and in electronic .jpg, .gif, or .png format, with images at least 72 dpi and 4 MB or smaller, will be considered as online entries. Higher-resolution versions may be requested for photos being considered as finalists. Online entries must be received before 11:59 EST on October 7, 2017. Notice to Online Entrants: In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible or postage due mail/entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the contest.By participating in the contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the contest. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the contest. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from the contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted, (including if a computer virus or system malfunction unalterably impairs its ability to conduct the contest), and select winner from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.Adoptive Families is not responsible for technical failures in entry transmission, or lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail, or any damage to participants’ computers relating to information about or participation in the promotion. Adoptive Families reserves the right to cancel electronic method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted.LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- One Grand-Prize winner and eight finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges selected at the sole discretion of Adoptive Families magazine. Judges’ decisions are final and may not be appealed. Parents/guardians of the grand-prize winner and eight finalists will be notified by phone or mail by October 16, 2017. These parents/guardians must sign an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity/liability release, in the form requested by the Sponsor, and return them within seven days of notification attempt, or alternates may be selected. If Grand Prize winner and finalists are unreachable, or if prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be deemed forfeited, and an alternate winner selected.
- One Grand Prize winner will be awarded a gift card (approximate retail value: $200). Eight finalists will be displayed on www.adoptivefamilies.com and www.adoptivefamiliescircle.com. All taxes are the sole responsibility of winners and finalists or their parents or guardians. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted, but prizes of equal or greater value may be supplied by Sponsors at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- All entries become property of New Hope Media LLC and will not be acknowledged or returned. In consideration of judges’ review of entries, parents/guardians who enter the contest grant permission (except where prohibited by law) to New Hope Media LLC to use and license photos/images of the Child in the submitted photo(s) (along with their names) for possible editorial or promotional/advertising uses in any and all media without further compensation.
- For a list of Grand Prize winner and finalists, available after November 30, 2017, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Adoptive Families Photo Contest Finalists, 108 West 39th Street, Suite 805, New York, NY 10018.
- New Hope Media LLC may contact entrants with product offers it believes might be of interest to entrants. The contest is subject to all local, state, and federal regulations.
- By entering the contest, entrant holds harmless Adoptive Families and New Hope Media LLC from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, liability, actions or damages of any kind or in connection with: (1) entering contest (2) acceptance of any prize or (3) anything related to the contest and the awarding of prizes. Any claims relating to this contest shall be governed by New York law without regard to its conflict of law rules, and any such claim must be heard in New York.
- No telephone calls, please.
- Official Contest Sponsor: New Hope Media LLC, dba Adoptive Families magazine
108 West 39th Street, Suite 805, New York, NY 10018.